IRATA Member Firms Code of Ethics
Member firms undertake to respect the rules of professional behaviour. They must accept only tasks for which they possess or have access to the necessary competence and organisation and discharge their duties with complete fidelity.
- Accomplish each task solely in the legitimate interest of the client.
- Carry out their tasks with all reasonable skill, care and diligence.
Refrain from dealing with staff of clients or other member firms in order to induce them to enter their own service.
- Inform the client of any links with the contractors, or other commercial interest which might make their professional impartiality suspect.
- Respect and properly apply the laws, regulations, technical rules and accepted professional standards and must not accept contracts. Or instructions incompatible with such rules.
- Respect the personal and professional dignity of employees, colleagues and other persons, and the various persons or entities with whom they deal.
Members will not:
- Act so as to injure the professional reputation and prospects or business of another member firm or organisation.
- Make exaggerated or unjustified claims.
- Offer to make payment, by way of commission or otherwise, for the introduction of business except through accredited agents or brokers.